New Rapdishare Pricing?

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

For the other rapidshare users out there, what is going on with the new pricing scheme? Am I the only one who is a little confused by it?

Can anyone shed any light on it, is it still the best file hosting site to go with for all my essential downloads?
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Copied from another site.

1 - Premium Accounts no longer have an expiration date. You buy "rapids" and choose a package that suits your needs best. Daily rapid expense depends on daily download quota and secure storage space. You have no rapids left? Then you can't download as a premium user but your account remains active as well as your uploaded files (as long as they have been downloaded for the last 60 days).

2 - Storage specified for every package is not allowed storage but secure storage (inactivity rule does not apply here). Therefore, you may choose the smallest package even if your used storage exceeds 10GB, 50GB, 200GB, etc.

Important: if your used storage exceeds your secure storage, you need to check "Automatically delete inactive files (after 60 days without a download)" in your settings, otherwise your account will switch to a more expensive plan at 12AM CET.

3 - Unused download traffic no longer accumulates from one day to another. If your package allows you to download 1GB per day, you can download 1GB/day and that's it. However, it will automatically switch to a more expensive plan if you download more than your allowed quota. On the other side, you may downgrade your account whenever you want (it will be activated on the next day).

Please note that you can't turn it off, at best you spend 4 rapids per day. The RapidFree package is not an option, it's an automated feature for accounts that ran out of rapids (no cost, no premium download, no secure storage).

4 - For now, Happy Hours are still working (only 10% of the downloaded data will be charged).
RS Happy Hours: 2AM-10AM CET = 1AM-9AM GMT & BST

5 - Eventually, remember that we are still able to redeem free points and premium points till July, 6th. Just deactivate security lock and click on "convert rapidpoints". If you need to convert premium points into free points to extend your account, just take a look at the bottom of the window that pops up when you click "convert rapidpoints".
5000 free points + 5000 premium points = 600 rapids.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Rapid share is totally pants now. Once I've used my "Rapids" up I'm moving to Hotfile or Megaupload.

There are 5 packages to choose from:

The picture above shows you how many Rapids per day you will use and how much storage and traffic you have per day.

If you use Rapidsmall it costs you 4 rapids per day even if you don't download anything. You get 1GB of downloads for that. If you exceed 1GB you automatically go to the next package (rapidmedium). so if you download 1.1gb you go to rapidmedium and have 3.9GB left to use in that day. If you don't use it you loose it. No more roll over days like the old Rapidshare.

The Happy hour seems to be hit and miss at the moment some people get it others don't. My happy hour doesn't seem to work any more :angry:

Make sure you set the options to drop you down to the lowest package or it will cost you rapids. You can only drop down once per day.

Looks like RS has got greedy. Hope this helps you.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

got hotfile for month, its good nd unlimited.. sorry wireless keybord is crp.
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

cheers guys. i think ill have to look at switching, cant be doing with all this bollox
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

Got an email:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dear user / Liebe Kundin, lieber Kunde,

As a result of the recent adjustments to our product and pricing model we have received a lot of feedback from our users. There was also positive response but we want to be honest with you: most answers were negative. With our adjustments we have alienated many users. As a matter of course, that was not our intention. Instead, it is our goal to introduce a system that gives you more flexibility. However, we are happy about every single user response that we have received as this is the only way we can learn what our users really want. That is the reason why we have fundamentally revised our offer one more time and made it much simpler.

For more information, please visit our News page :
<a href="http://www.rapidshare.com/news.html" target="_blank">http://www.rapidshare.com/news.html</a>

in Folge der Umstellung unseres Produkt- und Preismodells in den vergangenen Tagen haben wir intensives Feedback erhalten. Darunter waren auch positive Rückmeldungen, aber wir sind ehrlich: Die meisten Antworten waren negativ. Mit unseren Änderungen haben wir viele User verunsichert. Das ist natürlich keine Absicht gewesen. Denn unser Ziel ist es, ein System einzuführen, das Ihnen mehr Flexibilität bietet. Wir sind aber froh über jede erhaltene Rückmeldung, denn nur so wissen wir, was unsere User wirklich wollen. Deswegen haben wir unser Angebot noch einmal grundlegend überarbeitet und deutlich einfacher gemacht.

Für weitere Informationen besuchen Sie unsere Newsseite :
<a href="http://www.rapidshare.com/news.html" target="_blank">http://www.rapidshare.com/news.html</a>

Best regards,

Your RapidShare Support Team

RapidShare AG
Gewerbestrasse 6
6330 Cham
Switzerland

Web: <a href="http://www.rapidshare.com" target="_blank">http://www.rapidshare.com</a>

This message is confidential and intended for the recipient only. It is not allowed to copy this message, or to make it accessible for third parties. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by email.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They've made it a lot simpler, still need to do the maths though to work out how much im spending
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

New package is:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In addition to the free Premium Accounts, with immediate effect there is only one package for everybody: RapidPro

For 99 Rapids users immediately receive a traffic volume of 30 GB and a storage volume of 10 GB which last for 30 days.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm still moving once I've use my Rapids up <_<