A Kitten

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Okay... nothing prepared me for what we are experiencing right now following what was just supposed to be curious look around the RSPCA... Of all the beasts and monsters we saw there surely that innocent little bundle of fur could not have turned into this? :blink:

This thing makes the Tyrannosaurus Rex look sweet... is there anything Kittens don't want to destroy?! :ph34r:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Short answer: Nope

They have so much energy and need a lot of fuss and attention.

The kitten we got last year doesn't get along with our other cat, used to chuck everything off tables so she could sleep, has finally stopped crapping in places other than outside or their litter tray and still likes to try to rip out our achilles tendon with her talons.

But I wouldn't be without her or the other cat even if I do feel like taking out the 12guage daily because of them.
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

I have 5 cats :)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Okay, it's a relief to hear this guys, we're desperate for advice... :unsure:

I'm not sure if this little thing is a Kitten or a Skunk as it dispenses some mighty pungent whiffs that permeates a large room faster than we were trained to scream "gas, gas, gas" and don our gas masks... this little thing has one mighty weapon of mass evacuation... :huh:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Get its nuts cut off as soon as you can.

Also empty waste from litter tray as soon after its used as you can.

How old is the little one?
Last edited by Thane on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Thane wrote: Get its nuts cut off as soon as you can.

Also empty waste from litter tray as soon after its used as you can.
That's gonna happen either this Thursday or next, I'll have to check the appointment... however... anymore guffs like the ones we had tonight it may be sooner! :mellow:
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Claw, having his nuts done will only change the 'aroma' given from him peeing. It wont make any change to the poor fellas 'wind' ... which is what I believe you're saying is the problem ??

Things to take into account (sorry if it sounds like 'sucking eggs' ... )
The food that the kitten was fed on prior to you taking him home.
There's numerous food types out there.. try staying with one brand, preferably the same as he was on before you took him home.
Some are dry food, some wet.. it could be anything really.. but I would seriously consider changing to the food he knows ...if that's not an option then change to something else and stick on it for a while..if the 'wind' ceases then you're on a winner..

I have 3.. an old girl and a couple 4yr old lads.. none have gas probs ... but one of the boys is a little B@st@rd with his peeing... hence he stays out 99% of the time.. and everyones happy ..except him ! tough !!

Hope you get him sorted bud
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Sorry, did I say 'He'? I meant 'She'. :unsure: She's gonna be spayed this week, and be chipped, and have her second inoculation. A friend said they didn't bother with subsequent boosters, do you think this is wise?

At the moment when she's finished in her litter tray, which I'm thrilled she got used to, she then goes into my library and starts wiping her paws on my books. Although it sounds a bit like she's scratching she isn't, there's no damage - so she isn't using them as a scratching post - but is she 'washing' her paws on the spines of my reference books? Or, is it some kind of muscle exercise?

Would it be considered as animal cruelty to tie a lead weight to each paw... my wife isn't privy to what I'm asking here, so a good 'medical benefit' story shouldn't be too difficult to concoct. I just need to eat a meal without having to fight for it now and again... y'know, one of those light snacks while watching TV. As she is having four small meals a day, being a Kitten, no small amount seems to satisfy her.

What on earth have we bought! :ph34r:
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Don't buy cheap cat food. Get her insured, innoculations are mandatory then.

If she is staying indoors permenantly and an only cat then follow on boosters may not give any benefit. If she is going out or you have, will have more then her then follow on boosters I would recommend.

Worm her if you haven't.

If you have any hydration issues during hot summers then try Kitten milk, asda do a nice one. All it is is normal milk with most of the lactose removed.

Come winter time if you have anti-freeze make sure it is out of her reach.
Last edited by Thane on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

My wife says she has that in hand regarding the insurance, etc. This Kitten is actually hers, it's just that I'm being involutarily roped in by its antics.

The horse stayed in a stable, the dog just did what you told it, the Chinchilla came out of it's cage at relatively established times... this Kitten has got me at beck and call... and just as you reach that moment when you are on the verge of strangling it for playing "let's dangle off the surround sound speaker", it then gives you the cutest bundle of fluff look that just melts you.

I've never come across an animal that is so self-willed. It's almost becoming fascinating in fact.
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Your finding out how intelligent cats are, btw they're rated above dogs.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Another thing we've noticed is boredom... we've found the more we've given her to do or venture with, the better she is. Which I suppose links in with the intelligence thing you mentioned.

So, before we run out of ideas, how do you keep a kitten occupied? :unsure:
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Small things they can play hunt/play with.
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

are we not going to see any pics of things lovely little things??
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Ryanside wrote: are we not going to see any pics of things lovely little things??
Yeah, of course... will try to sort it out today. :2t: