A Kitten

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

The thing with a kitten is, they own you, not the other way round.. they love reminding you about it too. We had cats , and when I got my own house I got a dog - don't think I could cope with being humiliated by a cat again for at least a few more years..
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I dislike cats intently.

I am allergic to the hairs.

The cat allows you to stay in its home.

So why when I visit anyone with a cat do they insist on sitting on me?

Pictures of kittens are cute, pictures only.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Nellyboy wrote: I dislike cats intently.

QFT

Cats only stay with you for as long as you feed them! Dogs are the way forward.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

That measure of independence suits us... it means they're low maintenance. I'm not big on anthropomorphising animals anyway, they are what they are, and do what they do. :)

There's the saying, "Dogs have owners, cats have subjects." However, actuality isn't defined by assumption... we will always be the ones who, by proxy of the RSPCA, rescued this little minx. The moments she spurns us out of a preoccupation for something else, we are the ones with the capacity to understand that at the end of the day, she is just a cat and that's what cats are like.

Getting a picture of her is proving tricky. I'm after something that would typify her personality at the moment, a sort of monster cuteness. :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

Nellyboy wrote: I dislike cats intently.

It's probably because of body language - if you see a cat, you probably "make a face" where your eyes narrow slightly and you turn your head slightly away. In cat language this is a good thing and means you're friendly. Sooooo... bare your teeth, and stare the ****** down next time :)
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Listen to you all.

Bunch of grown men talking about kittens in the busiest thread in the forums for a long time.......

Where's the roughty toughty stuff?

;)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Tumble wrote: It's probably because of body language - if you see a cat, you probably "make a face" where your eyes narrow slightly and you turn your head slightly away. In cat language this is a good thing and means you're friendly. Sooooo... bare your teeth, and stare the ****** down next time :)
You mean a bit like this, but without the cigar? Maybe with a "Go ahead punk..." line? :unsure:

Dangerous Bob wrote: Listen to you all.

Bunch of grown men talking about kittens in the busiest thread in the forums for a long time.......

Where's the roughty toughty stuff?

;)
:blink:

You need to see the bites and scratches on my arm and then tell me this ain't roughty toughty stuff... :huh:

Besides, it's healthy to tap into your feminine side from time to time, tell him Ras... :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Photo's coming soon I promise you... today she changed our answer phone message... I'm not joking! :blink:

She, for some unknown reason, sat on the phone itself and pressed the right buttons. When a relative phoned today they just heard a rustling noise but no request to leave a message... :D
Last edited by Claw on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

I'm going to make a hat out of next doors cat. F~#king thing keeps climbing on my car just after I've washed & polished it. It's also scratched the roof :angry: . It just wonders about our garden like it f~#king owns it and shits everywhere.
If I catch it I'm taking it fishing with me in a sack.

These creatures serve no purpose and should be disposed of at birth!
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

lmao, of course it owns your garden, it's in his territory :P
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: I'm going to make a hat out of next doors cat. F~#king thing keeps climbing on my car just after I've washed & polished it.
Perhaps if you didn't polish it so well the cat would be able to walk easier without slipping and scratching. Nip down to Marks & Sparks and get one of those big comfy duvets and then put that on your car roof... it'll be a lot more comfortable and it will be less likely to slip or anything on your polished roof.

If you go to 'Pets At Home' I think it's called, they do litter trays quite cheap... this way you'll only need to muck out the litter tray every day, rather than your garden. Just buy some cat litter every now and again to top up the tray.

Get a pond too. If you get a pond and put some fish in that will distract it from doing other things in your garden. Cat food is really cheap as well, the biscuits are better than the meat as it's better for their teeth.

I think you'll find this will help with some of the problems your neighbours cat has been having.

:D