Spiders

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

It is that time of year where they start running for cover... fought off two weird looking things tonight while heading for the bathroom... the missus says that putting a Conker in different parts of the room/home keeps them at bay because they alledgedly don't like them... I'm not so sure... :mellow:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Spiders dont like conkers?
Sure about that?
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: Spiders dont like conkers?
Sure about that?
Yes get a conker on a piece of string and whack a spider with it. They don't like it. :2t:
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Well your typical house has thousands.....my three loft 17/18th century cottage must have millions of the little buggers. Certainly we have no need of fly paper!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Clingy wrote: Well your typical house has thousands.....my three loft 17/18th century cottage must have millions of the little ******s. Certainly we have no need of fly paper!
Next LAN at Clingy's then... :blink:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Parkings a bit poor tbh :lol:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote: Parkings a bit poor tbh :lol:
Parking shouldn't be a problem at all... everyone will be sleeping in their cars much further down the road somewhere... :ph34r:

Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

No they won't. Dakky knows why :)
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

A big one crawled put from underneath my tele the other night, I welcomed him with the bottom of my shoe. Spiders in England don't really bother me, it's the big ones in Australia that I squished that freaked me out a little!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Ryanside wrote: A big one crawled put from underneath my tele the other night, I welcomed him with the bottom of my shoe. Spiders in England don't really bother me, it's the big ones in Australia that I squished that freaked me out a little!
...and what did you do with the gooey-ick that remains there? :blink:

We have an official spider catching container that was formerly a huge chocolate raisin tub from Costco. As a family we surround the beast (on elevated locations if it's on the floor) and then quickly place the tub over it. After this is the deftly inserted card or large envelope to encourages it to run further into the tub. If the spider runs too early, before we get the tub over it, then some tactical screaming from the missus and daughter confuse it enough to give me time to restrategize and neutralise... if that doesn't work then me and my son's screaming usually does the job... :nunchaku: