Autumn - The Best Season?

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Well it is for me for a number of reasons. The countryside looks so beautiful this time of year....a myriad of vibrant colours - dark Green to lime green, pale yellows, dark yellow, orange and red and pink.... The other day on the way home following some traffic the road was like a scene from Fantasia with all these colourful leaves dancing in the road. Then there is the lovely cool weather. Gone are those horrible steamy sticky days. And finally you know that winter is on the way :) So I can anticipate my skiing hols get the off road bike ready for some serious FUN, organise some walking routes in the hills away from annoying tourists and generally get out and about. Only blot on the landscape, as it were, is Christmas with all it's obligations, insincerity and dissapointments.

Aye....Clingy is feeling chipper, for today at least. Why not take a few minutes to look around you and appreciate some of the things we have, rather than dwelling on the things we have lost :)
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

I have to agree with you Clingy. Watching My little girl Megan running through the leaves on the ground is great. Cool Weather and clear skies really make for beautiful days.

Edit : Forgot to State that it is my little girl.
Last edited by Rasputin on Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Aye bud.... A smile costs nothing... but gives so much ;)

and strangely enough... being a turtle.... green is my fav colour (Kwacka green :) )
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Rasputin wrote: Watching little girl running through the leaves on the ground is great.

Careful m8 you might get arrested ;)
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Yes I do quite like Autumn, everything looks gorgeous especially early early in the morning in the fog and mist.

Bit of a fan of Spring too though.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Yeah Ginge the sun rises are great at this time of year aswell....
Rasputin

ImageImage
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Its a lovely time of year. Last Saturday me, Julie & Alice (8) went for a good stomp in Bushey park by Hampton court. We went into the forest and all got a good prodding and walking stick. Then we discovered a downed tree with all its roots sticking in the air so we prodded the dirt caked roots and out popped a sleeping hornet. Boy it was huge, Alice jumped a few feet back lol. Then we followed a stream through the forest clearing the small blockages of fallen leaves with our sticks. We found loads of different kinds of mushrooms and mosses along the way, some were as big as a dinnerplate. We came acroos a cordoned off section with what I can discribe as 6 foot rhubard leaved plants growing in a sort of dank grove, very strange like an alien landscape. The root system was above ground with bright pink rootball things.

All in all a great 3 hours rummaging about in the undergrowth. What a great adventure we had.

Roll on Saturday for another visit, meybe Richmond park this time.

Nellyboy
Last edited by Nellyboy on Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Sounds Great Nelly. We have a Duck pond in the middle of the forest near us, Megan loves seeing all the different ducks and birds.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

....Oh and the clear night skies.....no light pollution here, so when I get home I can just stand in the garden and gaze up at the stars.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Same for me clingy :) get some wonderful starscapes on the clear nights

And the fogin the morning with it's red glow as the sun rises is very eiry
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

me thinks this could become a photo thread ? ... Best sunrise / sunset piccy... from today... dated pics only ;)

Was driving home last sunday at 4.30 ish and said to Jaime that the Sun looked gorgeous on its way down... and that it would make a great pic.. and around the corner was a guy with his bike beside him setting up his tripod ;)

Come on then... go for it...
Bronco
Advanced Member

Post by Bronco »

Turts wrote: me thinks this could become a photo thread ? ... Best sunrise / sunset piccy... from today... dated pics only ;)
A fine idea , not sure about the date thing. I only have a cheap digital camera and I don't think it's got that on it! :(
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

np Bronc... I was just thinking that with knowing this lot.... they'll cheat and send in pics taken last year ! :P
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

Nellyboy wrote: We came acroos a cordoned off section with what I can discribe as 6 foot rhubard leaved plants growing in a sort of dank grove, very strange like an alien landscape. The root system was above ground with bright pink rootball things.

Sounds like Giant Hogweed... nasty horrible stuff - the sap that leaks out of the leaves and stems burns like crazy, and gets worse if it's exposed to sunlight... :eek: It's like a freekin' Triffid....
Shadow Jax
Advanced Member

Post by Shadow Jax »

I like the Spring and Autumn times. Mainly, because it is colder I enjoy the frosty mornings of Spring. The colour changes in autumn. Both are great times of the year and to what is to come.

:rolleyes:
I DON'T SLEEP, I WAIT